The method of vacuum casting is used to make fully functional plastic prototypes. Manufacturing of an expensive metal mold is not necessary in this case. Thus we achieve a considerable cost reduction in comparison with plastic injection method.
First of all, the master model is encapsulated in silicone rubber mold. To make the master model we use 3D printing or 3D machining method, we might also use a model delivered by the customer. Once cured, the mold is cut open, the master model is removed leaving a mold cavity which can be used multiple times. The mold is then placed in a vacuum chamber and its hollow center is filled with the designated material.
BENEFITS OF VACUUM CASTING
- lower costs in comparison with plastic injection (not necessary to make metal molds)
- the elastic mold enables to cast parts with complicated shape, thin-wall parts, or models with negative bevel
- quality of parts is comparable with final products
- wide range of materials can be used to achieve the required properties
- broad range of final surface treatment
- fast production of small series of plastic parts
APPLICATIONS OF VACUUM CASTING
- low volume production of functional plastic prototypes
- parts for dimension, function and design tests
- low series production of spare parts for which the original equipment is not available
- maximum mold dimensions: 900 x 700 x 950 mm
- vacuum casting is carried out using a fully-automatic system of a German company Schüchl with difference casting option
- PP Model hobby Ltd.
- Šimanov 90
- 588 42 Větrný Jeníkov, Czech republic
- Reg. No.: 01765434
- VAT ID No.: CZ 01765434
- DUNS: 361343354
All rights reserved © 2014 PP Model hobby Ltd.